We aim to provide you with a service that is not only effective and efficient but also one that gives you high quality legal advice, client care and good value for money.  If you are unhappy about any aspect of the service you have received or about your bill, please contact our complaint’s manager, John Evans on 01483 300905 or, or by post to our Guildford office.  We will then work with you to try and resolve the issue.  Our aim is to deal with complaints as swiftly as possible but in any event within eight weeks.  There will be times, however, when it may take longer.


Once a complaint is received, we will:

  1. Open a file
  2. Register the Complaint on our complaints register
  3. Respond to you by email or letter acknowledging receipt of the complaint. This email or letter may ask you for further information and we will seek to clarify that we have fully understood the nature of your concerns.
  4. John Evans will review the file and speak to the fee earner who has conduct of the matter. If the complaint relates to a matter, he is dealing with the matter will be delegated to another member of staff or partner. 
  5. If the complaint does not relate to a file but, for example, the behaviour of a staff member, that member of staff will be spoken to.
  6. Having evaluated the information we will then write to you setting out our findings and where necessary confirming the steps we will take to address the complaint.
  7. If you are unhappy with our findings, we will consider any further representation you wish to make, if you feel there is something we have left out of our deliberations.


If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, or of the way in which it I resolved, you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider the complaint.  The contact details for the Legal Ombudsman are or 0300 555 0333 or by post to PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ.  Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within 6 years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside this period then within three years of when you should reasonably have become aware of it).